Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday Funnies: Taxes

Joshua just came into the living room to inform me that I owe a palace tax.

"This," he said as he showed me a very colorful piece of paper, "Is a $4,000 bill.  And you have to pay me one of these."

"Wow..." I stammered. "Can I use that one to pay you?"

"No, you cannot," he replied firmly.  "You have to pay your own to me."

"What do you need the money for?"

"It's for all the work I do around this palace.  It's a tax."  He was resolute.

"Well, I don't have that kind of money.  I'll have to work a long time to earn that much."

"Okay," he said thoughtfully.  "Then maybe you can just work for me for 600 days.  Then you can earn the $4,000 bill."

"And I have to pay it back to you?"  I inquired.

"Yes."

And I've been told that Claude and I expect a lot from the kids!  Try living in Joshua's "palace" for a while...but if you do, be sure to come with lots of money or a really good work ethic.


No comments:

Post a Comment